October 26, 2016
Ken Schroeder (1996) focused KLA’s product line on yield management, not only ensuring KLA’s fortunes, but also making them instrumental in keeping the semiconductor industry on the learning curve
- Mr. Schroder can also be credited with turning KLA into a profitable company by deftly cutting the deadwood that plagued it in the early nineties.
- Ken’s brought discipline at a time when the entire American equipment industry needed it most.
- Ken brought process to KLA’s manufacturing
- Which resulted in quality, reliability, and repeatability
- He drove performance and execution throughout the organization
- Ken Levy said, "he could make it happen."
- Is the source of the maxim: Discipline in development leads to long-term sustainable competitive advantage.