Jerry Sanders III — HoF: For creating the semiconductor sales model and the people-first model
- Among Silicon Valley's Kings, Jerry stands out as the sales professional
- His model, engineering with charisma
- But this was not enough to build companies
- Founding AMD, focused on building a company that every one wanted to work for
- Motto: "People first, products and profit will follow!"
- "Cradle-to-grave" strategy engendered loyalty by not laying off employees in downturns like others had
- Result was innovation productivity that allowed AMD to match companies many times their size with a fraction of the financial resources